Parenting Time: Custody & Visitation Court Forms - The Men's Legal Center


One of the most difficult areas in a breakup is working out a child-sharing agreement with your ex.

Look through the court forms the court uses to file the request for court orders. These forms will educate you on the issues and options, though not all child sharing issues listed on the forms apply to you. So, use the suggested options to produce solutions to your situation.

Most of the family law court forms can be found on the Internet. You could also go to the local court business office and buy a family law packet.

Child sharing at a macro level breaks down into three categories: School year time, vacation time and special days. What will be the sharing during the school year and what will be the sharing during the school vacation periods? If you all live in the same town, you can schedule weekly exchanges. Shoot for a 50-50 custody. Why not? Children need both parents even if they are separated. If the children are old enough alternating weeks could work.

If you do not live in the same town, and you are a non-custodial parent, you need to schedule visits during the school year, preferably on the weekends. At least, schedule regular facetime. If you are a non-custodial parent, you could compensate for your lack of time during the summer vacation time.

Lastly, there are special days that should be allocated between the parties, such as Father’s or Mother’s Day.

This entry was posted in . Bookmark the permalink.

Call us at (619) 234-3838

Skip to content
CTA Mobile CTA Email
(619) 234-3838